“Many things in the world are beyond our control, but one thing we can control is how hard we work. As a professional, I take pride in my work. As an advocate, I strive to advance my clients’ goals and interests.”
After working 15 years in large law firms, such as Fish & Richardson and Townsend and Townsend and Crew (now Kilpatrick Townsend and Stockton), I wanted to create a law firm that puts its focus on clients by providing exceptional service. As a professional, I take great pride in my work. As an advocate, I strive to advance my clients’ goals and interests.
One of the unique perks of being a patent attorney is getting to learn about new, cutting-edge technologies on almost a daily basis. Patent lawsuits are personally note-worthy since I am naturally curious. It is this very quality that allows me to be an excellent patent advocate for my clients.
My practice focuses on strategic counseling and patent portfolio development, with an emphasis on mobile and computer-related technologies. Other areas of technology include semiconductor devices and processes, wireless communications, client-server systems, networking, and Internet-related technologies. Having been involved in several high-stakes patent litigation over the years, I understand the value of a well-drafted specification and well-crafted claims. My goal is to help my clients procure enforceable patents that would maximize the value of their intellectual property.
- Patent Procurement
- Patent Disputes
- Technology Commercialization
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- Soongsil University (Seoul, Korea), B.S., Electrical Engineering
- University of Washington, International Studies, B.A., cum laude
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Washington
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Townsend and Townsend and Crew, Silicon Valley Office, 1999-2008,
- Fish & Richardson, Silicon Valley Office, 1998-1999
- You Me Patent and Law Firm, Seoul Korea, 1996-1998
- Koreana Patent and Law Firm, Seoul Korea, 1994-1996