Dr. Han is a patent attorney. He has wide experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the area of biotechnology and medical science. He has performed IP portfolios build up, due diligence, and intellectual property clearance searches, and drafted IP license agreements.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Dr. Han was an academic research scientist and university professor, having received his Ph.D. from the Department of Biology at the University of California, San Diego, where he cloned novel transcription factors and characterized their biological, genetic and biochemical functions. As a post-doctoral fellow in the Rockefeller University in New York, he identified multiple candidate genes responsible dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis through genome-wide linkage analysis, family based association analysis, and mouse models. As an assistant professor in School of Medicine, Eastern Tennessee State University, he cloned a new class of chaperon proteins and elucidated their role in blood vessel formation and atherosclerosis and their functional pathways.
- Patent Procurement
- Patent Evaluation
- Strategic Intellectual Property
- Patent Portfolio Management
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, San Diego, Ph.D., Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Peking University, China, B.S., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- State Bar of Washington
- United States Patent and Trademark Office