Lucas works with clients on a wide range of intellectual property matters. He advises and assists clients in clearing and prosecuting trademarks and copyright in the U.S. and abroad, managing existing trademark and copyright portfolios, and negotiating and drafting IP licensing agreements across multiple industries. Lucas also handles IP dispute resolution matters including state and federal litigation, as well as USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy proceedings. He is also a registered copyright agent for several online platforms and manages online IP enforcement campaigns for multiple brands and rights holders.
Lucas graduated from the Gonzaga University School of Law, where he was an author and articles editor on the Gonzaga Journal of International Law. He was also a guest contributor on the UK/European IP blog The IPKat, and periodically blogs on his own cross-border and trade-related IP blog The IP Exporter.
- Copyright Law
- Trademark Law
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D.
- Brussels School of International Studies, M.A.
- University of Kansas, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- State Bar of Washington
- State Bar of Oregon
- Cardozo Society of Washington
- Washington Lawyers for the Arts